Celebrating a Decade of Success
It all began with a dream and a makeshift office over my dad's garage. Dad and I had both been in the construction industry for many years and knew there was a need for a company that could provide renovation and new construction for retail businesses on a national level. We founded RCD General Contractors—and continued working in the garage office for almost two years with just the two of us, an office manager and a project manager. By the time we moved to our new offices we were a preferred contractor for Chick-fil-A and were well on our way to where we are today.
The completion of our 100th Chick-fil-A store in Lithia Springs, GA in the spring of 2009 was a landmark moment for RCD. We've since gone on to complete more than 300 additional projects for Chick-fil-A alone—and are now providing pre-construction services for the restaurant's entire mall program, including design, permitting services and scope creation. RCD has continued its strong growth and now employs five project managers and 11 superintendents.
The list of achievements continues to grow:
- This year, we started our first renovation for Burger King® in Sandy Springs, GA.
- We completed two major renovations in North Carolina for Arby's®.
- We're now a preferred vendor for Auburn University and have completed an interior and exterior renovation of the Ariccia Restaurant, located in the Auburn University Conference Center.
- We've embarked on several exciting partnerships, including preferred general contractor status for the Compass USA Group, Chartwell and Morrison Group.
- We've completed new store and renovations for retail establishments in DeKalb Medical Center in Atlanta and Atlanta Medical Center in addition to Valdosta State University.
- We've built a partnership with Jones Lang Lasalle to work together on construction projects like Chick-fil-A and Wendy's.
Our Vision for the Future
Going forward, RCD General Contractors will remain committed to providing our clients with what we call "Second-Mile Service," which means our customer service goes well beyond our clients' expectations. Our vision is to continue being the preferred general contractor for respected national brands nationwide.
We also want to provide our 30+ employees with a strong, stable company—and inspire new ones to come to us as a place where they can comfortably build their careers. We pride ourselves on creating a family atmosphere within RCD, and that's proven to be a big reason for our longevity. We make it a priority to do things with our staff outside of the office through team-building activities and company outings. Half of RCD's staff has given at least five years of service, with giving as much as seven years—and that speaks well of our intentions.
We're looking forward to continued growth over the next decade—and hope that you'll join us on this exciting journey.